The Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program
As Christian adults, we have a moral and legal responsibility and are entrusted by God with the spiritual, emotional and physical well-being of minors and vulnerable adults. As they participate in activities within or sponsored by our Diocese, it is our responsibility and commitment to provide an environment which is safe and nurturing.
The Catholic Diocese of Dallas has a program to reduce the risk of abuse in order to:
- To provide a safe and secure environment for minors and vulnerable adults in the faith communities within our Diocese.
- To reduce the possibility of false accusations against clergy, employees and volunteers.
- To assist the Diocese in evaluating a person\rquote s suitability to work with minors or vulnerable adults.
- To satisfy the concerns of parents and staff members with a screening process.
- To provide a system to respond to the victims and their families, as well as the accused.
- To reduce the risk exposure of the parishes and the Catholic Diocese of Dallas.
Diocese of Dallas Documents
View the Family of Faith video featuring Bishop Farrell
|The video files can be large, so we only suggest you access and view them via a high speed internet connection. If you do not have a high speed internet connection, please contact the church office for other arrangements.|
The Safe Environment Program at St. Michael's
At St. Michael's, we want to ensure that all church personnel and volunteers remain current with their Safe Environment Program certifications. In an effort to make training as convenient as possible, we offer a number of classroom training sessions, as well as on-line training.
You are eligible to take the on-line course if you have previously attended a Safe Environment Program Training Session at St. Michael's. Call the church's main office at 972-262-0552 or the Faith Formation Office at 972-262-6590 if you have any questions.
To take the on-line course, use the following instructions:
- Go to site http://www.cathdal.org
- Click on "A Safe Environment", click on "Update Training"
- Choose one of the classes from the scroll down menu
- Follow the instructions
- Print out the test and bring or mail the completed test to the church office.
*If you would like to attend a live training, click on "Update Training Schedule" for a list of classes at parishes across the Diocese.*